Are you a talented software engineer who aspires to work in the space industry and invent new cool technologies and products? Then keep reading.
We are a European space startup, founded by a team of international space experts with the mission to transform the tools and engineering processes used to manage space missions. We are building a first-of-its-kind product, at the crossroads of cloud & software technologies, new space engineering concepts, digital transformation, and innovative commercial and delivery models. We are still operating in stealth mode, so details are not public. But we will tell you more, face-to-face, during the interview.
We are looking for top engineering talents to help us digitalize the space industry. Join us!
The company is based in Strasbourg, France, a beautiful and vibrant city that offers an amazing quality of life. Strasbourg is a highly international city at the crossroads of France, Germany, and Switzerland. It offers a rich culture, easy access to nature, wonderful gastronomy, and a fast-growing startup scene.
We are recruiting a (Intermediate) Java Developer who specializes in cloud-native microservice development using the Spring Framework. Strong experience in Spring, Maven, and Docker is essential. Experience with the latest cloud technologies (AWS ECS, Kubernetes, noSQL databases, Stream processing, etc) is a strong advantage.
You will play a key role in our R&D activities, in direct collaboration with the CTO and VP Engineering, and our team of Product Owners. You will work with them to design and build a set of back-end microservices that meet the needs of the POs’ user stories, following a Scrum process. You will work with other back-end developers to deliver the solution according to our engineering standards. You will help review the code of other developers, to ensure they meet our best practices for engineering, such as Spring usage, microservice development code patterns, unit testing, and clean coding practices.
We are looking for developers with 4-5 years of experience. You will be expected to review pull requests of other developers, and to design new features relatively independently.
We expect you to have significant proficiency with these.
- Java development: i.e. Java 11, JVM, IntelliJ, Maven, Nexus
- Container development and management: i.e. Docker, ECS, Kubernetes,
- Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Spring JPA, Hibernate, Flyway, Spring security, unit test and mocking frameworks.
- REST-based microservice development and API design, i.e. Swagger, OpenAPI and JWT.
- Multiple database back-ends: i.e., mySQL, Postgresql
- Big data technologies: i.e., noSQL, stream processing
- Ability to review code from other developers.
- Code management tools: git, jira, bitbucket, etc.
- Experience working in Agile Scrum teams.
- Fluent in English.
- Living in, or willing to relocate to Strasbourg.
- Experience with AWS development, especially cloudformation, ECS, is an asset.
- Understanding of how messaging and streams systems work.
- Exposure to the space sector and understanding of the challenges of space mission
- Create software that will be used operationally to design, build and fly satellites, rockets, and lunar missions. You will have a direct impact on the future of space exploration.
- Join a fast-growth tech startup as one of its first employees – the best way to fast-track your career.
- Benefit from a stock options plan that will make you become a shareholder and reap the financial benefit of Leanspace’s success.
- Enjoy a modern work/life balance with the possibility to work remotely part of the time.